Moroccan Style Pork Mince With Apricots
Cooking Time: 30 minutes approx.
1lb (450g) lean minced pork
4oz (100g) onions, finely chopped
2tbsp (30ml) oil
2 cloves of garlic, chopped
1tbsp (15ml) medium curry paste
Zest of 1 lemon
1oz (25g) tomato purée
10fl oz (300ml) stock
1 small red pepper, cut into strips
3oz (75g) ready to eat dried apricots, quartered
Pepper to taste
- Fry onions in oil until softened without colouring. Add pork and fry briefly.
- Add garlic and curry paste, stirring continuously to prevent burning.
- Add lemon zest and tomato purée, stir to prevent meat from sticking and cook for two minutes.
- Pour on stock and simmer on a low heat for 8-10 minutes.
- Add red peppers and continue to cook for 20-25 minutes until meat softens.
- As the liquid reduces to a syrupy consistency, add apricots and cook for a few minutes longer to soften. Season with pepper as required.
Serving Suggestion: Serve with cous cous, rice or pasta.
Recipe courtesy of Ladies in pigs