Serves 4, Cooking time – About 20 minutes
500g (1.1lb) Baby New potatoes
5 Slices of smoked British back bacon
1 Bunch of spring onions chopped
50g (2oz) Cheese, crumbled e.g. Wensleydale
2×15 ml (2tbsp) Cold-pressed rapeseed oil
2×15 ml (2tbsp) White wine vinegar
1×15 ml (1tbsp)Wholegrain mustard
1. Cook the potatoes in boiling water for 15-20 minutes until tender, then drain and cool slightly.
2. Meanwhile, grill the bacon for 4-5 minutes until crispy then dice, adding this to the potatoes.
3. Add the onions and cheese.
4. Mix together the oil, vinegar and mustard.
5. Combine the oil mixture with the Potato mix.
6. Season to taste. Serve warm or cold with a fresh green salad
Source : HGCA
Per 100g. Energy 593KJ/142cal, Fat 9g, of which saturates 2.6g. Carbohydrates 9.3g, of which sugars 1.0g. Protein 5.9g. Salt 1.2g.
Per portion. Energy 1262KJ/303cal, Fat 19.2g, of which saturates 5.6g. Carbohydrates 19.9g, of which sugars 2.2g. Protein 12.6g. Salt 2.6g.
Recipe courtesy of Ladies in pigs